Sunday, March 15, 2009
All-India Kendriya Vidyalaya teachers’ plea for salary arrears
Kendriya Vidyalaya teachers are on the warpath against what they describe as the discriminatory treatment being meted out to them.
N. Sadanandan, regional secretary of the All India Kendriya Vidyalaya Teachers Association, said on Friday that the 45,000 teaching and non-teaching staff of around 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas under the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan were yet to get salary arrears.
He said that the Central government employees had received 40 per cent of salary arrears in cash as per the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission and were about to receive the remaining 60 per cent.
The delay in giving 40 per cent of the salary arrears to teachers was a violation of the Centre’s decision to disburse it this financial year itself.
Source: The Hindu