Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi - 110 003
Dated: 16th April, 2009
Subject : Implementation of the Government’s decision on the recommendation of the VIth CPC - revision of CCS (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939 - Constant Attendant Allowance
The undersinged is directed to say that on the Recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commissionin para 5.1.44 of its Report, orders were issued vide Department of Pension & Pensioner's WelfareO.M. No.38/37/2008-P&PW (A) dated 2.9.2008 that:
"In the case of pensioners who retired on disability pension under the CCS (Extraordinary Pension)Rules, 1939, for 100% disability (where the individual is completely dependent on somebody else for day to day function), a Constant Attendant Allowance of Rs.3,000/- p.m. shall be allowed in addition to the disability pension, on the lines existing in Defence Forces."
2. Accordingly, the payment of the Constant Attendant Allowance (C.A.A.) shall be governed by the provisions as under:-
(i) Constant Attendant Allowacne (C.A.A.) will be Applicable to cases where the disability for which Constant Attendance Allowance is payable is attributable to or aggravated by service.
(ii) Constant Attendant Allowance (C.A.A.) may be granted to a Government servant who is awarded a disability pensionfor 100 percent disablement, if in the opinion of the medical board, he needs the services of a constant attedent for at least a period of three months, and the necessity srises solely from the condition of the accepted disability or disabilities.
(iii) Constant Attendant Allowacne (C.A.A.) shall not be payable for any period during which the pensioners is an inmateor an in-patient of a Government institution or hospital.
(iv) Payment of Constant Attendant Allowacne shall be made along with disability pension. Payment shall be made on thebasis of declaration as in Annexure which shall be submitted to the Pension Disbursing Authority in May & November each year.
3. Formal amendments to the Central Civil Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939, are being issued separately.
4. These orders are issued with the approval of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their U.O.No.7.32.-/10/2009-IC dated23rd February, 2009.
5. In their applicability to the personnel of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue in consultation withthe Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. Ministry of Agriculture, etc,. are requested to bring the contents of these orders to the notice of the Heads of Departments,their Attached an Subordinate offices, Controller of Accounts, Pay & Accounts Officers, etc,. under their administrative control.