The Central Government has announced today that there is no ceiling for grant of ex-gratia lump sum compensation to the families of deceased Central Government Employees.
There is a good move by the Government to their employees that the restriction of ceiling for the compensatin of Rs.20 lakhs(each individual) is removed.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd, Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-II0 003
Dated the 12thJuly, 2010
Subject: Implementation of the Government's decision on the recommendation of the Sixth CPC-Revision of provisions regulating special benefits in the cases of Death and Disability in service - payment of ex-gratia lump sum compensation to families of central Govt.employees - modification - regarding -
The undersigned is directed to say that in this Department's Office Memorandum of even number dated 16thMarch, 2009, it was provided that ex-gratia lump sum compensation to the families of deceased Government servants including from sundry Government sources, such as the Prime Minister's Relief Fund, Chief Minister's Relief Fund, etc. should not exceed the aggregate of Rs. 20 lakhs in each individual case. Para 12 of Annexe to this Department's TITLE="Click here to get the OM">OM 45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11th September,
1998 was modified to that extent.
2. The matter has been further reviewed and it has now been decided that there will be no ceiling for grant of ex-gratia lump sum compensation in terms of Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare's OM No. OM 45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11thSeptember, 1998 read with OM NO.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2nd
September, 2008 and OM No.45/7/2008-P&PW (F) dated 16th
3. The above revised provision will be effective from 1.1.2006.
4. All other terms and conditions in the O.M. dated 11th September, 1998 shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure
U.O. No. 361/EV/2010 dated 4th June, 2010
6. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders issue after
consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
(Tripti P Ghosh)